Wednesday, November 4, 2009

All The News That's Fit To Print


Front Page Material

So, I'm sitting in a hotel room on vacation, reading a USA Today.  Don't panic!  I didn't buy it, they gave it to me.  However, as I look at this rag, I am amazed at why the idiots that publish these irrelevant bird cage liners don't understand why subscriptions are plummeting.  I mean, it really is pretty obvious to anyone with eyes ... just look at the front page.  In a place that was reserved for the most important world news of the day, we now get the above picture with the title With cultural 'flair', Obamas updating First Family's image.  Well, that is certainly worthy of the front page of a national newspaper.  I mean, after reading this puff piece, I know that I'll certainly be able to sleep better tonight.  Where once I had concerns of a nuclear holocaust triggered by Iran, I now know that everything will be OK because the Obamas are a happy family in the White House.  Oh, joy!

Meanwhile, unimportant crap like the increasingly dangerous sitiuation in Afghanistan, a bombing that killed 35 in nuclear Pakistan, a major shift in US policy in the Middle East by the US Sectretary of State (aka Bubba's figurehead wife) and a threat by North Korea to expand its nuclear arsenal are all buried on page 4.  Now that's great journalism!

How to fight back?  Do the world a favor and cancel your newspaper subscription. You can get the Sunday coupons somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment